A fully qualified Chartered Management Accountant (CGMA) with more than 25 years post qualified experience at both strategic and operational levels across a wide range of industry sectors including manufacturing, technology and healthcare.
Uma works closely with business owners, directors and managers, to identify and understand organisational issues and resolves them by providing pragmatic solutions appropriate for the business. This way of working has been developed through Ernst & Young training followed by extensive experience in business partnering. Uma had delivered organisation wide change whilst overseeing finance functions.
Her skills has been very well utilised in small organisations up to large international ones, such as Pyramid Siemens Corporation, Corporate Sciences Corporation, Sun Micro Systems Ltd and the Public Sector. However, more recently Uma has been helping micro organisations hence SME’s are highly likely to find her experience very valuable.
- Profitability analysis and financial turnarounds
- Business case preparation and review
- Commercial bid preparation, review and pricing
- Introducing and improving working capital including cash-flow management
- Risk management, introducing and implementing financial systems and controls
- Project management and change management
- External liaison and negotiation
- Board presentations
- Cost benefit analysis
- Financial modelling and benchmarking
- Financial and management reporting
- Recruiting and developing finance team members
- Transforming the finance function into an efficient and value added service